Hi, I'm Susan!
I'm the person behind the scenes of this little space on the world wide web! I'm a designer, architect, and creative. I believe in staying curious, simple joys, and that less really is more.
Here you'll find my watercolor, design work and paper goods under the name: rae + lily. In case you were wondering (because I know I would be curious): 'Rae' is a nickname for our rescue pup, Raven. 'Lily' is the literal meaning of my own name, Susan. And even though Raven never hangs out with me during the day (she prefers sleeping under the dresser), I still like to think of her as my furry little side-kick.
If you're interested, read on for some random facts about me:
- My name is Susan Chiang (I don't have a middle name)
- I was born/raised/currently live in sunny Southern California
- I did a stint up in Northern California, where I went to school at Cal (Go Bears!)
- I'm a licensed Architect (not the kind that designs houses)
- I’ve been told I’m pretty efficient at modeling buildings in 3D
- For a minute, I side-hustled as a photographer until all my camera gear was stolen in an apartment break-in
- In another life, I like to think I might have studied graphic design or attended culinary school (not that I'm a great cook)
- I taught myself calligraphy in 2015 so I could letter some paper goods for our wedding
- Along with calligraphy, I discovered a love for watercolors too
- By now, it’s pretty obvious I’m a big nerd and enjoy spending as much time on the computer as with paper and ink
- I decided to combine my love of digital & hand-drawn items to create digital printable goods and opened an Etsy store
- My husband and I try to travel whenever we have the chance (He’s THE best trip planner!)
- For the Myers Briggs enthusiasts out there, I’m an ISFJ (I retook the test recently and it changed!)
- I started this blog because I’ve always wanted to have a place to share things I love or might be useful!
Let's be friends! Here's where else you can find me: